STEPS ACADEMY Dance and Tumbling “We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.”-Friedrich Nietzsche
WHO WE ARE
The Goal of STEPS Academy is to run a professional studio with Academy training, at an affordable price. We believe it is important to demonstrate and teach our students modesty, respect, to persevere, and encourage each other while learning and growing as a dancer, tumbler, and performer.
OUR PHILOSOPHY and VISION:
Is to instill in your child a love for the art of dance, while building self-esteem, strong work ethics, and commitments, as they strive for excellence using the gifts they have been given. We value the importance of appropriate costume and song choices that we use when instructing your dancer.
We provide opportunities for our Company students to be a part of performing and giving to the community we live in. STEPS Academy teaches & incorporates the YMCA Core Values of *CARING *HONESTY * RESPECT *RESPONSIBILITY
THE BIGGER PICTURE
- The biggest compliment you can give is a recommendation! When a new student registers for any class in STEPS Academy, by your recommendation, you receive a 15% off coupon for your next month Academy class registration. Just email Amy DeVries at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the information of the child who joined the Academy per your recommendation!
- We highly recommend that students start classes in the fall, and not wait until recital season. It is difficult for the students who arrive in the spring to keep up with the students who have been in class since September. They miss a lot of training in technique and fundamentals. They will not progress as quickly as other students who study from fall-spring.
SCHEDULES:CLICK HERE: SUMMER 2018 COMPANY TEAMS: • Auditions are held in June 18/19 and July 5/6. June 18 and July 5: Parent information meeting at 6:45 in the hot spot. • Audition Registration is open in June. Register on line under “register for a program”.
• Current Academy students must be level 4 or 6 dancers and have a teacher recommendation.
• New incoming students should be at an intermediate-advanced level of dance. • Compete and perform. Register on line for the free audition at: www.taylorymca.org. Go to “Program Registration” then “Company Auditions” REGISTRATION AND DANCEWEAR:
• Contact Amy DeVries for class placement.
• Purchase your dancewear through STEPS Academy for less!
• 50% off your child’s 2nd, 4th and 6th class from September – May.
• Click on the links below for information! FALL – SPRING • Open registration August through January. Classes are pro-rated. • REGISTRATION CLOSES in FEBRUARY. CONTACT: Amy DeVries, STEPS Academy Coordinator email@example.com | 224.760.7012 Lisa Merigold, Mykie Scaletta, Riley Sweeney STEPS Academy Administrative Assistants firstname.lastname@example.org Chelsea Prokop STEPS Academy Creative Administrative Assistant email@example.com JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: Amy DeVries Dance YMCA INSTAGRAM: Ystepsacademy # your pictures at: #YSTEPSAcademy
MOVE-U COMPANY DANCE TEAM • 2015 1st Place Hip Hop Open and 1st place in Division • 2016 1st Place Hip Hop and 2nd in Division • 2016 1st Place Jazz and 1st place in Division and all around high score winning
the “Golden Ticket” to World Dance Championship • 2017 2nd Place Jazz and Third Place in Division • 2017 1st Place Hip Hop and 1st Place in Division